Friday, September 28, 2012

Workin' Girl

Work is going well. I am tired. It has been over two years since I have gone to "work" two days in a row! I can't believe people do this everyday! It's crazy! Definitely not a fan but I am grateful for the work so I will stop complaining.

I did find out that one of the cute old ladies that I work with is the aunt of a famous movie star. This is kind of cool. Then I found out that my roommate did the genealogy for this same movie star. Small world. Naturally, I asked the aunt if she had any advice for me. She said that this niece doesn't let the rejection bother her, she just figures, "they weren't looking for me" and keeps on going. The aunt said her nephew has also pursued acting but he doesn't take the rejection so well and hasn't been as successful. So I need thick skin and confidence. Good advice. I'll work on that. I bet I will have lots of opportunities to develop attributes! Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, I'm so excited for you moving to NYC. I remember us talking about it about 8 years ago when we were friends in Vegas. I'm so glad you finally made the plunge. You go girl. I'm so jealous. I have a brother that just moved to Vegas (where I live now) from Manhattan last year. We plan on taking a trip back there together at some point when my kids are older (my youngest is 2 months old). I'll definitely have to visit you when I come.

    ReplyDelete