Saturday, September 22, 2012

Work has begun!

Last Wednesday I had my training for work at the Met Museum. It went well. I was the only student in the training class, which I love! I am kind of an attention hog so anytime I get private lessons I am happy. The cash register seemed pretty easy now I just have to remember it all.

Thursday I went to work. All of my co-workers were really nice and helpful, explaining everything I needed to know about the shop. It wasn't too busy which is good but also boring. We have to stand all day. I think I will like it better during the holidays when it is busier, then time will speed by and my feet won't hurt! I worked yesterday too. This time I got to work until closing. I had to close out the register and count my money. Thank goodness I didn't come out owing anything!

The customers are lovely. They have been really kind and patient as I explain it's only my first or second day. I do love the little old ladies that come in and want to buy jewelry or stationary. They are on occasion the business men who come in to pick out a piece of jewelry for their wives. Yesterday a couple was in and the wife said she liked a bracelet. As she was walking around the store he quickly bought it while she wasn't looking. So sweet!

So it's been going well so far, one week down many more to go. I am also grateful to have today off! Time to relax and catch up on things!

No comments:

Post a Comment