Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Newsies Review

Saturday afternoon we had tickets to see Newsies! After eating in Chinatown/Little Italy we headed up to Broadway. We had great tickets for the matinee. Brenda had seen it already but wanted to see it again(always a good sign). Mari and I grew up watching the movie and singing along with all of the songs. We were so so excited to see the new show!

Extra, extra read all about it!
Mari and I waiting for the doors to open!

It was an amazing show. The dancing was fabulous! Like Mari said, "There is something about watching guys sing and dance that is so cool. I have goosebumps." I couldn't agree more. The set was amazing. It changed in so many ways. Sets always impress me. It's crazy how someone can do so much with such a small space, and it changes so smoothly! Some people are so creative! It makes me really jealous actually. And they projected the newspaper articles on the set. It was so cool! I struggled to keep back the tears through out the first act for fear of looking like a freak! But I was so happy I couldn't help it. It was magical. I was transported to a different place, a different time. I think that is one reason I want to perform, I want to take people for a ride, take them somewhere. Help them experience something. I do love drama too. It doesn't always have to be a happy place but it does have to have a happy ending. That is one of the advantages of theater you get all of these different emotions but they are always resolved in two hours, "and they lived happily ever after." If only life could be like that. Sigh.

After the show we hung out by the back stage door where all of the actors come out. Although we didn't have them sign our programs it was fun to see them up close! I even got my picture taken with the lead who is quite handsome. I tried to upload the little video of me meeting "Jack Kelly" but it wouldn't work. I will have to put a still picture up later!

2 comments:

  1. We got to see a few Broadway shows when we lived in Jersey and every time it was such an incredible experience!!!! And I remember thinking I am watching someone live their dream! Excited that you are pursuing your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, you are amazing! Not sure I was thinking such charitable things, closer to frustration and jealousy. Someday I will have charity like you! Love you girl! Thanks for reading the blog!

      Delete