Friday, October 5, 2012

Explanations

October 5th and I am still here! I just wanted to point that out to all of the naysayers, aka my brothers! But I won't brag too much because it has only been a month and who knows what will happen. I may still need to call you for money. :) But I am excited to have made it this long and am grateful for my job and all those who have helped.

The other night Brenda and I went to see a screening of Princess Bride that was part of the NY Film Festival. The cast of the movie was there watching with us and afterwards they did a little Q&A. It was amazing! I couldn't believe I was there listening to Billy Crystal and Rob Reiner. I turned to Brenda and said, "Are we really here? Do we live here? We are not even on vacation!" Needless to say I am enjoying the perks that come along with the city.

I must explain the title of my blog "Livin' the Dream, MY Dream." After I wrote it I realized that it comes across as kind of arrogant and selfish. But I think once you understand where I am coming from you will see that it's really not that at all.  My whole life I have done what is safe, what others expect me to do, what I think I SHOULD do, not really what I WANT to do. This is partly because I didn't really know what I wanted but sometimes even when I did. So I just got tired of doing what I was supposed to do and decided to take the plunge and do what I wanted to do not what others thought I should do. Hence the title, Livin' the Dream, MY Dream. I finally have courage to do what I want. I know it has taken a while but better late than never, right? What other perk is there to being single if not to pursue the things you love? This of course makes me nervous and is a little scary but I am so happy I'm doing it! I was impressed with Michael Cabrera and how he could have sat out the latest game and guaranteed his spot as a Triple Crown winner but instead he chose to play and risk losing it. That is so cool. I want to take more risks and be less safe. Like someone said, you have to be willing to go out on a limb, that's where the fruit is!

No comments:

Post a Comment