Sunday, October 28, 2012

Making Connections and Obstacles

Last Wednesday I met a guy my age that is kind of like a manager for actors. He is actually a member of my ward but doesn't come. It is so nice to have the church in common though. He does private coaching for actors and also knows A LOT of casting directors. He holds a workshop for actors where the casting directors come and work with you one on one. Anyway, he came to my house and I had a little free consultation with him. It went really well. I am so excited to meet with someone who can help, someone who knows the ins and outs of the business. He was very blunt and positive though, believing that I can achieve whatever I set out to do.

I must admit that I was impressed with how he could see exactly what is preventing me from getting anywhere in the business. I know I just started so perhaps I should say what will prevent me from making it. No, I am going to fix it so it won't prevent me from making it! Anyway, my lack of confidence is the problem. I know that in my head but somehow I have to get my heart to believe it. He said that all he sees now is fear and when I walk into an audition that is all the auditors see too. Darn it! I know that the only thing between me and amazing performers (well, besides experience of course) is confidence. I can do what they do, no problem! I just need to believe it! Needless to say I will be doing a lot of praying and soul searching regarding this topic. My new friend said he would help me fix this problem too. I am so excited! Moving in the right direction! Few feelings are better than this! I will learn how to have confidence and you will all know it when I start appearing in show after show after show! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment