Friday, October 19, 2012

Be personal???

This blog has helped me realize how hard it is to write how I really feel. I mean I have a journal that I write in often but no one reads that, thank goodness! But to write my innermost thoughts where someone else can read them? Now that is scary! First of all, punctuation matters! I mean I have to write clearly and coherently? Not sure I'm capable of that but you understand most of it, right? The second way in which it is scary is that it's permanent! My thoughts are there, in black and white, there where you can reference them. They can never be forgotten.

I am the type that will tell you anything! I will tell you more than you wanted to know. If you were here in person I would talk and talk but writing it down? That is much more difficult. I don't really like the idea of putting my most personal thoughts out there for anyone to read (good thing there are only about five people that read this). Just something interesting that I've learned about myself. Realizing this has led me to admire my sister even more than I already do. Throughout her daughter's cancer treatment she and her husband have kept a blog, updating friends and family on her various treatments. The entries were always so personal. I was surprised because my sister will not tell just anyone about her feelings. She is a very private person. Yet she easily shared shared her thoughts, feelings, faith and worries about the situation. This really impressed me and now that I'm writing this blog I am struggling to be that honest. Should I really write about my feelings, fears and doubts? I guess. That's what makes it real, right? I am not so sure I am that brave. I'll have to think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Liz, this is Stephanie Korth from Provo ward! I totally follow your blog and think it is awesome! I just have to say, I think you are being very personal and honest even by writing this post about how it is difficult for you. :) So happy for you that you're living your dream in New York!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a post on this exact thing like a month ago. It is SO hard sometimes to keep myself from spilling everything on my blog, but I love it when other people do - is that weird? Anyway, I've been reading your updates and love hearing about your life. Keep it up and I agree with Steph - it is awesome to see the honest side of you.

    ReplyDelete