Friday, October 19, 2012

Update on the Dream

Sorry, it has been a long time since I've written. Life has been pretty normal, not much has happened. Last week or maybe it was the week before I went to an audition for "The Little Princess". They were a ton of girls their as usual. I waited my two and a half hours and then took 30 seconds to sing my song. It went alright, I mean I didn't get the part but I did it. Someone told me that for every 100 auditions you do you might get four callbacks, so about 95 more to go. See things are looking up!

I have had two acting classes since my last entry. Not much happened in them, the first one I just watched others perform. The second one I did my little two minute exercise where I was on the phone in some conflicted conversation. I had to stare out into the audience but to make myself more comfortable I had to create the fourth wall of my bedroom. It was short and I think I rushed it but it went well I guess because the teacher said I could go on to the next exercise. I just wish I could do more acting in the class, maybe if there weren't so many students... I hope to take two classes next semester.

I am still taking my tap class on Tues. nights. I was happy to find out that I could make it on time even when I worked until 6pm. I have also taken some ballet classes. It has helped me get back in the swing of things, dancing wise that is. Even if I am not totally in shape yet at least I am moving in the right direction.

I'm always on the lookout for people who know the acting business and can help me out with any suggestions or advice. There is a friend at work who has done some work on some soap operas. She has been very helpful. I hope to talk with her again soon! There is also a guy in my ward that helps actors get started in the business. I meet with him next week. So grateful to the people and all of their help as I struggle move forward in my acting career.

No comments:

Post a Comment