Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Famous Friends!

It is always inspiring when friends you know achieve their dreams. I have two close friends that are well on their way. It has been good to meet with them and rejoice in their success!

One such friend is Deanna Doyle. We danced together all through high school. We reconnected about a year ago when we ended up in the same ballet class. It was so good to see her; it's probably been 15 years or more. It was even more fun to realize that we both lived in Harlem. She is a beautiful dance/performer and was recently cast as "Meg" in Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. I have only seen Phantom in Las Vegas. I am so proud of her and look forward to watching her perform in her Broadway debut.



A few weeks ago another life long friend, Lisa Donnelly, was here performing. I met Lisa in the third grade when I was the shy, new girl. My family had just moved to Lawrence and Lisa and Emily, were the first two to befriend me. They were so kind, giving me a group of friends to which I could belong.   We have been friends ever since.

Lisa is a singer/songwriter(who during high school studied voice with my mom). She has produced several CD's and performed all over the country. It was so fun to see her perform live at the Rockwood Music Hall! She was amazing. We were able to chat for a few minutes. It was really good to see her and see what an amazing artist she has become. Of course I bought two of her CDs!



No comments:

Post a Comment