Saturday, February 8, 2014

Three in One Week

Last week I actually went to three auditions in one week. I know this is probably normal for my acting friends but it is quite a lot for me.

The first was for a cabaret show. I was able to sing two songs at the audition! And I had an appointment. None of this waiting around for six hours to sing for ten seconds! I sang My New Philosophy and Fine, Fine Line. I was extremely nervous of course. Philosophy didn't go so well. Being nervous messed with my voice which is shaky on that song anyway. Fine, fine line went better but then again I have performed that song before so that helped. It was a good experience. It was so nice to be able to see two songs!

The second was a dance audition for The Music Man in some city in New York. They taught us the little dance to Shipoopi. I could actually do the dance! This was so refreshing. It actually doesn't happen as often as you think, considering the other girls in the audition are 15 years younger and way more flexible than I am. It was fun to do the dance but as I stood there I still had the thought, "I don't want to do this." This was odd. Usually I have that thought when I know there is no way I can do the dance but that wasn't the case this time. I shrugged it off and did my thing. It went well.



The third audition was another dance audition, this time it was for a theater company in Maine. It was a joke. There were so many girls there that they type cast us. They took us in 50 at a time, lined us up and let us do a time step and pirouette one at a time. Just one problem, I don't know what a time step is! I know it is a tap step but couldn't do one. It was embarrassing. I did it or tried to at least and then hurried home.

Just an old picture from when I was in Annie in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment