Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy 2014!

This post is kind of late in coming, maybe 31 days late. I just wanted to share a few of my New Year's resolutions. You know, they say if you tell them to someone it helps make you more accountable for them. People know what you are up to and can "check up on you." They can ask about your progress.

I must admit I was really excited for the new year, I mean really excited. I love new beginnings! Everything will be different, better! Imagine how shocked I was when life just continued on like it was before. It was hard to take. For a few weeks I was really depressed, didn't want to do anything. Life was really hard for awhile. It might have been the lack of change or just hormones (I like to blame everything on hormones) but whatever it was I am glad it is over! Now on to these goals.

1. Read the entire Old Testament
2. Study one composer/month
3. Read one biography/month
4. Become more humble
5. Move career forward (This involves another list of smaller goals.)
6. Pray more earnestly
7. Serve faithfully in my callings
8. Aim to do one thing every week that scares me
9. Pay off some bills
10. Exercise more often (whatever that means! Lol!)

As you can see I have a lot to work on. After one month I can think of a few goals that could use some revision. I can't believe one month has already passed! Only 11 more to go. I better get busy!

2 comments:

  1. you are ambitious! my goal for the year is to be more cheerful. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your blog!! Hopefully, one of these days I'll be able to come out and visit you!

    ReplyDelete