Thursday, February 27, 2014

Acting Class: Learning to Bare All

Apart from the nudity, acting classes have been going very well. Why these young actors think they have to be willing to do and say anything is beyond me. I feel like shaking them and telling them that is is okay to have standards! You don't have to sell yourself!

I was assigned to work with my friend Kelsey, who I love. We worked on my scene from Doubt together. She is a great actress. She had a scene from a contemporary play that I can't the title. In the scene there are two women sitting on a bus who find out that they both left their husbands. We did the scene and I just went for it again! I was myself, which is really hard because you always think you have to 'act' like how the character would act but really you are just supposed to be yourself in the circumstances of the scene. This makes me nervous because I like wearing a mask, it is much safer that way. But I just went for it. I owned it! I wasn't nervous to be myself, I just did it and I was confident.

My teacher and other students were shocked! They couldn't believe how well I did! I couldn't either, really, I don't know where the confidence is coming from! I mean I am sure Heavenly Father is answering the prayers and fasting I have given in regards to this subject. I am so grateful. And I am having so much fun!

Anyway so while one student was literally stripping I was doing a little stripping myself(there is that stripper analogy again), figuratively that is. Yes, I was letting my walls fall down, allowing myself to be vulnerable. I am learning to be comfortable in my own skin, clothed skin albeit but one thing at a time. This is a huge step for me and I am so excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment