Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Blast From the Past!

About two and a half weeks ago I went to take a ballet class. As the class was beginning I noticed this cute little blonde girl that looked very familiar. She looked just like a girl I danced with during high school. I almost called out her name to see if she would turn to look but decided against it as class was starting. During all of barre I kept wondering, "Is that Deanna?" By the end of barre I was sure it was her. She came up and called me by name. It was Deanna! We danced in Kansas City together all through high school. It has been 15 years since I have seen her! I did see here perform in KC a couple of years ago but was unable to chat with her then. It was so good to see her and dance with her. What are the chances that we would meet up in NYC! She is also an actress here. Since that day we have gone out to dinner and spent hours talking, catching up. I am so happy to reconnect with her and have yet another friend out here in the Big Apple! I can't believe it, what a blessing. And even more amazing, she lives two blocks from me. It's a small, small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment