Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Catching up!

Life has been crazy so I will just give you a few highlights from spring and summer.

April- I said good bye to this pretty woman. She left me for...Oklahoma City! Can you believe it? And of course she is loving it, the freedom of a car, the slower pace, and the nicer, God-fearing people of the Midwest. Sorry NYC but it's true. I miss her, it hasn't been the same since she left.

About to take a ride on the Hudson in the sailboat behind us.
May- My mother came to visit me for the first time. We had a fabulous time. We saw three shows, ate at fun places and visited the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Perhaps the best part of the trip was when my mother told me that I should just do it, just to school for acting. I cried as she said it. I know I am a grown woman and that I don't necessarily need my mother's approval but it sure is nice to have it. There is something about the love and support of a mother....

Crossing the Brooklyn Bridge
During May I also got to visit my friend Lynne and her family in Rochester, NY. We had a great time visiting Church history sites and attending the Lilac festival.

Hill Cumorah with Lynne and Joanie, both former roommates!

Beautiful Lilacs
June- Must have been pretty normal because not much is sticking out. I did however come across Mt. Rushmore made entirely of beef jerky. Now, that is something you don't see everyday!

Yummy!

July- Spent a few days in Virginia Beach visiting these crazy people that I love! We watched a baseball game, saw some fireworks, went to an aquarium, and swam at the beach. It was an amazing weekend.

Sharks freak me out! I never swim in deep ocean water, never!


Does this picture even need a caption?

I also got to attend my family reunion in Utah. We had a blast with parents, all six kids and spouses and sixteen grandkids. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures but my siblings did and I can't wait to see them! I also got to visit this pretty lady while in Utah. It's always good to catch up with former roommates especially when they are your grandma!

Now you all know where I get my good looks!

August- Watched a Mets game with these beauties who also happen to be some of my best friends. After the game we enjoyed a concert by Boyz II Men.

I am blessed with amazing friends!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you got my msg by now... but great blog... I'm what i'm wondering ... is if what would it take to purchase those old Asics? I'm looking to buy them for a reason, i'm sure i could find others, but urs just fit the bill lol, already being broken in with holes what not... would you please please consider in selling them to me before you throw them in the trash lol like so many people do :(. thank you kindly!!

    ReplyDelete