Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Nutcracker and other birthday fun!

Last Wednesday was my birthday! I had a great time eating lunch with my roommates. Brenda and I met Karen down in Tribeca, near her work. We ate at this great cafe. We also saw the fire station where they filmed the first Ghostbusters movie. It was very cool. Later that day we all met up at Lincoln Center for a little ballet magic. We saw NYC Ballet perform "The Nutcracker". It was amazing! The dancing was fabulous. I am not sure why the costume designer chose a light peach color for many of the leotards because it almost matched the skin color of many of the girls. It was very odd, not a choice I would have made but whatever. The music was beautiful. I think I enjoyed that just as much if not more than the dancing. We sat very high up on the side or ring as they call it. We could lean over and see into the orchestra pit. It was very neat!

Our view!

After the ballet we came home and ate dinner. Brenda made me a yummy cake! My roommates even sang to me! It was beautiful!

Before baking

After. Yummy!

I also got to talk on the phone with my parents, my sister-in-law, Emily and my sister Mari! It was great talking with them. Plus my niece and nephews called to sing my happy birthday! I missed the call but made them call again. I have a lovely message and I got a live performance. I love them both! I also received some cards and great messages on Facebook. Thanks everyone for making my birthday special!


No comments:

Post a Comment