Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas is here!

It is Christmas time here in the city! Although there is no snow yet, there are a few other indicators. The tree at Rockefeller Center where I work went up on Nov. 29th. It isn't as big as I thought it would be but it is beautiful! It is tall just not as full as I expected. The skating rink is full of skaters. Rockefeller Center is crowded with people and the shopping is good! Tourists are everywhere, taking pictures of everything. There are times when we struggle to get out of our shop because there is just a mass of people outside. This picture was taken on Nov 30th I think.

As I was walking to acting class in Greenwich Village a few weeks ago I was surprised to see this man selling Christmas trees. Yep! Even in this concrete jungle vendors find a tiny street corner to sell real Christmas trees. It smelled lovely.



Then the other day I was walking some where and I look up and see this huge billboard advertising mormon.org. It was really cool. It was neat to see the billboards in such a prominent place. They are located at 7th Ave and 50th St, just north of Times Square, maybe that is still Times Square. It is a beautiful ad. I didn't get the picture on the left that said "Christmas is family" or the picture around the corner that says "Christmas is worship". Here is the one picture I did take. The ad on the left says "Christmas is..." and then is shows those three pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment